RPM Automotive is a qualified service provider in Fleming Island for automotive air conditioning and car heater services services including air conditioning testing freon recharge A/C inspections and winterizing services that will keep your car running smoothly during the harsh seasonal changes in the winter and the summer in Jacksonville. Keep your family comfortable with an efficient heating and HVAC air conditioning system in your car serviced by our team of air conditioning specialists at RPM Automotive - Fleming Island. Come in any time and we will charge up your A/C and provide recommendations on how you can keep your car safe on the road.
Automotive air conditioning is a unique service that requires highly trained technicians to understand your vehicle very specifically. As each car air conditioning system varies based on the vehicle's year make and model it is important to ensure that you have the highest trained AC mechanics at your disposal to be sure your car's AC system is maintained and repaired properly.
There are several aspects to car air conditioning that we check including:
- We check to see if there are any broken or slipping compressor drive belts in your car's AC system
- We verify the vehicle's refrigerant charge and add refrigerant if needed. We use top equipment including an auto air conditioner pressure gauge to verify this. We are trained to use R12 freon refrigerant where necessary for older cars and the newer R134 freon refrigerant where required by law.
- We verify that the car air conditioner clutch engages and turns the compressor when the auto air conditioning system is running. We also verify the cycle times also to be sure that it's not cycling frequently (indicating low freon)
- We verify that high pressure in the system reaches the factory recommended value and if not we maintain the car's A/C system.
- We check to see if your vehicle needs a conversion from R12 freon to R134 refrigerant which involves replacing the fittings on the existing R12 Schrader valves.
- If there is a seized compressor or compressor clutch we may recommend a compressor replacement and/or compressor clutch as one assembly.
- We check to see if moisture has entered the car's A/C system and if so we may have to use a vacuum pump to eliminate the moisture as well as check the drier in the AC system to ensure that the system is kept dry in the future.
Come by our Fleming Island Location today to experience true quality with automotive air conditioning services in Jacksonville Florida
While RPM cannot recommend manufacturers for any products we are listing these manufacturing companies that supply auto air conditioning parts and components for your convenience. We use the highest quality products in our store locations but perhaps the listed manufacturers may be helpful to you as reference: